View My Stats

Monday, January 25, 2010

Well, we know who won the Golden Globes. I was not going to see Avatar, but I ran out the next day to see it. With all the accolades, it had to be fantastic. But, for me. it missed the mark. Am I the only one to think this way? Or did I miss the mark? My visual and auditory senses were overloaded and couldn't wait for it to end. Not being a video gamer, I now know what they must go through. I knew the story was a simple love story overlaid with themes of ecology, greed, colonization, with images of Native Americans, and space travel but the computer generated images were not very inventive relying on the familiar such as horses, leopards, and dinosaurs changing them only slightly. I encourage people to see it, because it is considered a landmark film, but I, for one, wont see it again.

This weekend I saw Sherlock Holmes. A bit light in plot but totally entertaining. Now this is a visual delight. The scenes, setting, costumes were so much better than Avatar....enough about Avatar. Robert Downey Jr. and Jude Law were great as Holmes and Dr. Watson. Perfect foils for one another. I would not say this is either a musical or comedy but I am so glad Robert Downey Jr. was honored with a Golden Globe. He was delightful. My recommendation is SEE IT ON THE BIG SCREEN.
Tomorrow I will list the new DVDs for February. Read it here first, then call in your requests.

No comments:

Post a Comment